Job ID: 7692
|Job Category:||Marine/Technical||Vessel Home Port:||Portland, OR|
|Position:||Welder, Foreman||Vessel Flag:||US|
Swing Shift Weld Inspector
This position is responsible for developing, tracking, administering, and scheduling tests and inspections and writing of required reports. The incumbent inspects in-process and final craft work for proper approvals and documents results as required in test and inspection plans developed by the Quality Department.
(This is not an all inclusive list of the regular job duties. Other responsibilities within the accepted job scope will apply.)
1. Develops tests and inspection plans for areas of responsibility in accordance with internal quality requirements and contract specifications, including but not limited to NAVSEA Standard Items, U.S. Coast Guard Regulations, Classification Societies, and other applicable engineering standards.
2. Serves as liaison between supervision, crafts and regulatory agencies as required.
3. Insures that all preliminary inspection requirements have been satisfied and are accomplished in accordance with contract specifications prior to final inspection call outs to regulatory agencies.
4. Monitors craft work to insure proper workmanship in accordance with regulatory agencies, classification society, NAVSEA Standard Items, Cascade General, Inc., Vigor Industrial and acceptable shipbuilding practices as appropriate.
5. Ensures that all instrumentation and gauges used in testing procedures are properly calibrated in accordance with regulatory agencies and company calibration guidelines.
6. Informs Project Management, Quality and Safety Director, Operations Managers/Directors of all deficiencies requiring corrective action as outlined in the Quality Management System (QMS) to include Internal Deficiency Reports (IDR), Quality Deficiency Reports (QDR), and Non-conforming Services (NCS).
7. Establishes and maintains positive, cooperative working relationships with crafts, owner representatives, and regulatory agency officials.
8. Assists Managers, the Quality and Safety Director and supervisors in developing test memos and Process Control Procedures to insure that final forms and testing practices are in proper format and work scope formed.
9. Develops and assists in administering training to craft supervisors and test directors for applicable test and inspection requirements.
10. Insures materials purchased and installed meet requirements of contract specifications by performing random checks.
11. Insures all subcontractors’ qualifications meet requirements of regulatory agencies and contract specifications. Also insures all subcontractor required quality assurance submittals are correct and fulfill requirements of the specifications.
12. Reviews and qualifies all Quality Assurance requirements imposed by outside agencies. Verifies that requirements do not impose higher levels of effort to accomplish then those required by contract specifications.
Apply To Job >>
When you apply to any job on MaritimeEmployment.com, your resume is automatically sent to the employer. If the employer is interested, he/she will contact you. If you have a confidential resume, the employer will only be allowed to contact you via our online email form. Your contact information will not be displayed to the employer.