Job ID: 7650
|Job Category:||Marine/Technical||Vessel Home Port:||Key West|
|Position:||Master/Mate, 500 Ton||Vessel Flag:||US|
Leading maritime services company currently accepting qualified applicants for the following pending position:
Responsible for safe and efficient operation of vessel, crew and embarked technicians and military personnel while standing designated watches. Shall be familiar with waters to be navigated, have a documented experience with vessel preventative maintenance programs, shall be familiar with manual and electronic navigation, pilotage, and the safe operation of vessels. Assists the Captain as directed. Works on deck during at sea trials, projects, maintenance periods, and other times as directed.
High School Graduate or equivalency certification minimum. Minimum US Coast Guard license as Master of vessels of 500 gross tons (domestic tonnage) upon near coastal waters, or Mate of vessels of 1600 gross tons upon near coastal waters, or 3rd Mate unlimited tonnage, upon oceans. Must be able to qualify for ordinance handling certification. Current STCW-95 certification is required. Merchant Mariner’s Document endorsed, as Able Bodied Seaman is required.
1. Minimum 4 years’ experience in deck positions.
2. At least 1 year of total experience shall be as Master of vessels requiring 100 ton license minimum to operate, or
3. One year experience as watch standing deckhand onboard similar vessels operated under Navair while holding a lesser grade license which has been recently upgraded, or
4. Two years’ experience as watch standing deckhand onboard similar vessels operated under Navair and acquiring appropriate license or,
5. Completion of applicable maritime academy program with degree and license. Time enrolled in program shall count towards required experience
Location: Key West, Florida.
Our company values responsible, mature, & motivated individuals with a strong work ethic. Candidates who seek employment should anticipate the following:
Pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Competitive Compensation + Benefits offered
Equal Opportunity Employer
Drug Free Workplace
Interested persons may reply to this ad with their resume and copies of licenses and/or credentials clearly demonstrating knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience in the areas indicated. Upon receipt of resume and interest an employment application will be sent to the applicant.
Apply To Job >>
When you apply to any job on MaritimeEmployment.com, your resume is automatically sent to the employer. If the employer is interested, he/she will contact you. If you have a confidential resume, the employer will only be allowed to contact you via our online email form. Your contact information will not be displayed to the employer.