Job ID: 7249
|Job Category:||Inland||Vessel Home Port:||Ingleside, TX|
|Position:||Managerial, Shore Side||Vessel Flag:||US|
-Organize the various components needed to initiate, run, and conclude barge transports, rig moves, and tow projects.
- Tracks and manages potential projects and proposals and develops project status reports.
- Communicates with clients and customs via telephone, e-mail, and regular mail, updating contacts as required.
-Maintains tow projects status including on/off hire records, non-standard occurrences, and pricing data.
-Prepares Situation Reports in conjunction with the Manager.
- Creates cost-analysis spreadsheets and scope of work letters in conjunction with bid proposals.
-Completes and administers Job Orders for the accounting department completed and prepared to be converted to an invoice.
-Investigates potential marketing opportunities including analyzing profitability and risk.
-Compiles and distributes the daily Operations Report.
- Answers and screens telephone calls in a professional and timely manner, takes accurate messages with a high degree of professionalism and courtesy: arranges appointments and conference calls.
- Composes and distributes professional correspondences and memorandums, E-mails, and faxes, using individual initiative and as assigned.
-Creates and maintains project files in following Master File Guide.
-Coordinates and schedules appointments relating to current and future projects, ensuring all parties are informed of and kept abreast of schedule changes.
-Coordinates meetings including but not limited to preparing and distributing agendas and other meeting materials, reserving and preparing facilities, and recording and transcribing meeting minutes. Attends meetings and other functions as needed.
-Prepares work agreements and proposals and maintains appropriate records and files.
- Assists Traffic Manager with all daily business requirements, as directed.
-Create and maintain accurate databases, contact records, and customer information
•Bachelor of Science in Business Management or equivalent degree is required.
• Desirable experience: 5 years of experience in the maritime sector with strong interpersonal and excellent communications skills.
•The individual must have a positive “can-do, will-do” attitude
• Good planning, organizing and management skills with a strong sense of corporate responsibility and commitment
•Ability to pursue new business opportunities with a global outlook and willingness to travel worldwide
• Must have a proven track record in business development and business acumen
•The successful candidate will be required to exercise advanced PC skills
Location: Ingleside, TX
Travel Involved: 20%
Apply To Job >>
When you apply to any job on MaritimeEmployment.com, your resume is automatically sent to the employer. If the employer is interested, he/she will contact you. If you have a confidential resume, the employer will only be allowed to contact you via our online email form. Your contact information will not be displayed to the employer.